Congress workers protest against BJP for not curbing inflation
New Delhi: Congress workers protested on Wednesday against the BJP-led NDA government for not being able to curb the rising inflation in the country.
They shouted slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party, criticizing them for not being able to deal with the water and electricity crisis in the capital.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had called upon state governments to check hoarding, while Prime Minister Modi had met ministers and senior bureaucrats to discuss strategies to control inflation, which is at a five month high.
The government had earlier announced increase in rail passenger fares by 14.2 percent and freight rates by 6.5 percent, which has led to an outcry by the opposition parties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India