Congress workers protest against BJP for not curbing inflation
New Delhi: Congress workers protested on Wednesday against the BJP-led NDA government for not being able to curb the rising inflation in the country.
They shouted slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party, criticizing them for not being able to deal with the water and electricity crisis in the capital.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had called upon state governments to check hoarding, while Prime Minister Modi had met ministers and senior bureaucrats to discuss strategies to control inflation, which is at a five month high.
The government had earlier announced increase in rail passenger fares by 14.2 percent and freight rates by 6.5 percent, which has led to an outcry by the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative