Congress workers protest against BJP for not curbing inflation
New Delhi: Congress workers protested on Wednesday against the BJP-led NDA government for not being able to curb the rising inflation in the country.
They shouted slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party, criticizing them for not being able to deal with the water and electricity crisis in the capital.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had called upon state governments to check hoarding, while Prime Minister Modi had met ministers and senior bureaucrats to discuss strategies to control inflation, which is at a five month high.
The government had earlier announced increase in rail passenger fares by 14.2 percent and freight rates by 6.5 percent, which has led to an outcry by the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested