Constable attempts suicide at Qutub Minar metro station
New Delhi: A Delhi Police head constable allegedly jumped off from the overground metro platform at Qutub Minar station on Friday suffering serious injuries.
According to police, 58-year-old Dayanand, a resident of Malviya Nagar in south Delhi, had been undergoing treatment for some mental problem. Initial investigation suggested that he attempted suicide because of his illness.
He allegedly jumped off from the platform at the first floor to the ground at around 7 AM and suffered injuries in his both legs and head.
He was taken to the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medial Sciences (AIIMS) and was stated to be out of danger.
A Delhi metro official said a male passenger jumped from the platform around 7.12 am.
Dayanand, who joined Delhi Police in 1976, has been suffering from mental problem for sometime and has been undergoing treatment for the past four months. He has been deputed at Chanakyapuri police station, police said.
Police, however, said no suicide note had been recovered from his possession.
He has been residing with his family in police colony in Malviya Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials