Constable Tomar’s death: Another eye-witness rejects police theory
New Delhi: Adding to the controversy surrounding Subhash Chand Tomar’s death, an eye-witness on Wednesday claimed that the Delhi police constable collapsed while running and he suffered no injuries.
Pauline, who was along with another eye-witness Yogendra at the site where the constable collapsed, said the duo removed Tomar’s jacket and shirt. “There were no injuries visible. He was just sweating profusely,” she told the media.
According to the Delhi police, Tomar was beaten up by protesters at India Gate during the anti-rape protests.
However, Pauline said there was no crowd at all when Tomar fell. “I saw him falling down in front of my eyes. He had no injuries. He just collapsed. There was no crowd at all.”
According to the eye-witness, cops standing nearby did nothing. “If we had not been there, then the constable would have died on the spot.”
Constables helped the duo only after they were called for help.
Pauline also said that she has not met any police official and vowed not to succumb to any pressure.
She also noted that protests have died down following the death of the constable. “It always happens due to the diversion.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement