Construction work may hit power supply in S Delhi
New Delhi: Supply of power will be affected in several areas of South Delhi on Sunday due to a planned shutdown of a major transmission line.
Power department officials said 220 KV Maharani Bagh
transmission line of Delhi Transco will be shut down between 5
am to 10 am to facilitate some construction work on the
elevated Barapula road by Public Works Department.
They said power supply will be affected in a number of
areas in central and South Delhi including Lodhi Road, South
Extension, Defense Colony, Lajpat Nagar and adjoining areas.
A major power sub-station in Okhla area will also be shut
down on Monday for maintenance work due to which power supply
will be affected in number of areas in South Delhi between 10
am and 2 pm.
The planned shutdown of the sub-station will affect
power supply in Kalkaji, Chitranjan Park, Greater Kailash, I
& II, Govind Puri, East of Kailash, Okhla Industrial Area,
Nehru Place and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report