Construction work may hit power supply in S Delhi
New Delhi: Supply of power will be affected in several areas of South Delhi on Sunday due to a planned shutdown of a major transmission line.
Power department officials said 220 KV Maharani Bagh
transmission line of Delhi Transco will be shut down between 5
am to 10 am to facilitate some construction work on the
elevated Barapula road by Public Works Department.
They said power supply will be affected in a number of
areas in central and South Delhi including Lodhi Road, South
Extension, Defense Colony, Lajpat Nagar and adjoining areas.
A major power sub-station in Okhla area will also be shut
down on Monday for maintenance work due to which power supply
will be affected in number of areas in South Delhi between 10
am and 2 pm.
The planned shutdown of the sub-station will affect
power supply in Kalkaji, Chitranjan Park, Greater Kailash, I
& II, Govind Puri, East of Kailash, Okhla Industrial Area,
Nehru Place and adjoining areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed