Construction work may hit power supply in S Delhi
New Delhi: Supply of power will be affected in several areas of South Delhi on Sunday due to a planned shutdown of a major transmission line.
Power department officials said 220 KV Maharani Bagh
transmission line of Delhi Transco will be shut down between 5
am to 10 am to facilitate some construction work on the
elevated Barapula road by Public Works Department.
They said power supply will be affected in a number of
areas in central and South Delhi including Lodhi Road, South
Extension, Defense Colony, Lajpat Nagar and adjoining areas.
A major power sub-station in Okhla area will also be shut
down on Monday for maintenance work due to which power supply
will be affected in number of areas in South Delhi between 10
am and 2 pm.
The planned shutdown of the sub-station will affect
power supply in Kalkaji, Chitranjan Park, Greater Kailash, I
& II, Govind Puri, East of Kailash, Okhla Industrial Area,
Nehru Place and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH