Contact family of blast victims: HC judge to DHCBA
New Delhi: In a bid to provide speedy
justice, a Delhi High Court judge has asked the lawyers`
association to contact family members of the September 7 blast
victims so that their cases can be decided on "out-of-turn"
Justice Kailash Gambhir, in a letter to Delhi High Court
Bar Association (DHCBA), said, "I am making a request to you
to establish a contact with the family of the victims who lost
their lives and those who injured themselves or through their
lawyers to know the details of their cases.
"So that with the directions of the Chief Justice,
necessary directions can be given to the Registry to list
cases of those victims before the concerned courts for hearing
on out-of-turn basis."
Justice Gambhir has also written separately to Chief
Justice Dipak Misra for creating a special category to deal
with the cases of victims at priority basis.
"I have impressed upon to create a special category to
expeditiously decide cases of all the victims ...as this small
gesture as an institution is the least we can contribute so
that the victims are at least solaced on this front," he said.
The judge said the attack at the reception of High Court,
killing 13 and injuring over 90 others, took place because of
lax security despite an earlier attack on May 25.
"No doubt, the lax in security despite put to warning
with the last blast on May 25 is a major factor encouraging
the terrorist outfits to again strike at our court," he said.
In a response to the letter, Additional Solicitor General
and DHCBA President A S Chandhiok said "We are ready for any
help for victims and their family and we are waiting for the
list from authorities at various hospitals."
Kirti Uppal, vice president of the DHCBA, said the bar
body was ready to "render legal" help to the victims and their
family members in claiming compensations.
The victims may contact the DHCBA or any other district
bar associations for legal help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise