Contractual nurses up ante, wear black badges
Cuttack: Contractual nurses working in SCB
medical college and hospital and other government hospitals in
the city wore black badges and threatened to resort to cease
work stir from March 8 if their long-standing demands were not
fulfilled within seven days.
The agitating nurses were demanding regularisation of
their services by abolishing contractual system, salary
revision and removal of anomalies in nursing service cadres.
The nurses had resorted to cease work stir in November 2008
for three days paralysing health services in government
hospitals here and elsewhere.
According to reports reaching here, the contractual
nurses of Berhampur and Burla teaching hospitals too have
resorted to similar strike by joining duty under protest.
“We would continue protest for a week and after that
we would take the next course of action,” said contractual
nurses association leader Anima Das.
The nurses said they have been seeking removal of
contractual system since long and "every time we resort to
strike the government comes out with an assurance that our
demands would be looked upon immediately. Though each time we
co-operated, the government backs out from its promise.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?