Cool day for Delhi, showers expected
New Delhi: The first pre-monsoon showers has brought much-awaited respite to the capital with the minimum temperature Sunday settling a notch below average at 26.4 degree Celsius. The weather office has forecast more rains later in the day.
As monsoon finally arrived in Delhi a week later than its schedule, showers are expected, said an official of India Meteorological Department (IMD).
"The sky will remain partly cloudy, light rains are expected," the IMD official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 34 degree Celsius, added the official.
Even though Saturday saw lesser rain of 0.3 mm, the temperature in the capital dropped down significantly. The maximum temperature Saturday was six notches below average at 30.3 degree Celsius, while the minimum temperature settled at 23.2 - four notches below average.
The monsoon is expected to last till Sep 18 but its position might change, said the IMD.
After undergoing unrelenting heat for several days, the capital had pre-monsoon showers Friday evening which brought down the maximum temperature to 38.4 degrees Celsius, two notches below the average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding