Cool Sunday morning in Delhi, rain expected
New Delhi: It was a cool morning in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling at 23.7 degrees Celsius - four notches below the season`s average.
The Met Office has forecast an overcast sky with thundershowers in some areas.
The national capital has been witnessing pre-monsoon showers, recording 6.1 mm of rain between 8.30 a.m. on Saturday to 8.30 a.m. on Sunday, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at 79 percent.
"The maximum temperature during the day is likely to be around 34 degrees Celsius," the IMD official said.
The maximum and minimum temperatures on Saturday were 37.2 degrees Celsius and 26.4 degrees Celsius respectively, both two notches below average for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi