Cool Sunday morning in Delhi, rain expected
New Delhi: It was a cool morning in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling at 23.7 degrees Celsius - four notches below the season`s average.
The Met Office has forecast an overcast sky with thundershowers in some areas.
The national capital has been witnessing pre-monsoon showers, recording 6.1 mm of rain between 8.30 a.m. on Saturday to 8.30 a.m. on Sunday, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at 79 percent.
"The maximum temperature during the day is likely to be around 34 degrees Celsius," the IMD official said.
The maximum and minimum temperatures on Saturday were 37.2 degrees Celsius and 26.4 degrees Celsius respectively, both two notches below average for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore