Cop shoots himself dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A Delhi Police Sub Inspector allegedly shot himself dead with a service revolver near a metro station in south-west Delhi this evening, police said.
Narinder Samhota, who was posted at Karol Bagh metro station, had a gun injury on his temple and was found near Sector 14-Dwarka metro station, they said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. A passeby saw him shooting himself and he informed police, a senior police official said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on. Samhota was a 2008 batch Sub Inspector and resided in Dwarka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez