Cop shoots himself dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A Delhi Police Sub Inspector allegedly shot himself dead with a service revolver near a metro station in south-west Delhi this evening, police said.
Narinder Samhota, who was posted at Karol Bagh metro station, had a gun injury on his temple and was found near Sector 14-Dwarka metro station, they said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. A passeby saw him shooting himself and he informed police, a senior police official said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on. Samhota was a 2008 batch Sub Inspector and resided in Dwarka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing