Cops slammed for not lodging case on Bhushan CD
New Delhi: The city police was on Tuesday slammed
by a Delhi court for not registering a corruption case despite
finding the controversial CD, having alleged telephonic talks
among advocate Shanti Bhushan and politicians Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Amar Singh, to be genuine.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav pulled up the
police saying it has resorted to "self-confessed powerlessness
because of obvious reasons" for not registering the case.
"The FIR is not the Bible or charter of investigation.
This is self-confessed powerlessness because of obvious
reasons," shot back CMM Yadav as counsel for the police
contended it had lodged the FIR (on CD controversy) only to
check the authenticity of the CD.
"What is the point in filing the cancellation report? You
(Delhi Police) said the CD has been found genuine. Then, you
should have probed the contents," said the court.
The court was hearing the arguments on Bhushan`s petition
challenging the police report`s seeking cancellation of his
(Bhushan`s) complaint which described the CD, containing his
alleged conversations with Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Amar Singh, as "fabricated" and sought registration
of a criminal case for allegedly forging the CD.
"What you have done is preliminary investigation into the
authenticity of the CD. Armed with an opinion that the CD is
genuine, you could have filed an FIR under Prevention of
Corruption Act. Who stopped you from registering a further FIR
when the CDs were found genuine?" said CMM Yadav.
"Was the Investigating Officer so helpless as not to go
into the alleged conspiracy?" he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside