Corporators from BSP, BJP and JD(U) join AAP
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) got a shot in arm after corporators from BJP, BSP and JD(U) joined the party on Friday.
BJP corporator Ravindra Shaukin, a corporator from ward 44 and block president Arun Kumar Singh, both from Kamruddin Nagar from Nagloi Jat assembly seat joined the party. Shaukin who was an independent in 2007 had joined the BJP party in 2012.
"The party took some wrong decision and I was disillusioned due to this. We were unhappy with the BJP. This is why we have decided to join the Aam Aadmi Party," said Shaukin, who joined the party along with his followers.
JD(U) corportor Rakesh Kumar from ward no 82, which falls in Matia Mahal assembly seat also joined the party and Imran Hussain, BSP corporator from ward no 86 that falls under Balli Maran constituency, also joined AAP.
Hussain had contested Delhi assembly elections on a BSP ticket from the Matia Mahal and had secured around 16,000 votes.
Interestingly, two of the seats- Matia Mahal and Balli Maran- fall under the Chandani Chowk constituency.
"Their (Kumar and Hussain) joining will certainly help the party and has brightened our prospects. I am confident that (sitting MP and Congress leader) Kapil Sibal will lose his deposit this time," said Ashutosh, party`s candidate from Chandani Chowk parliamentary seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'