Corporators from BSP, BJP and JD(U) join AAP
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) got a shot in arm after corporators from BJP, BSP and JD(U) joined the party on Friday.
BJP corporator Ravindra Shaukin, a corporator from ward 44 and block president Arun Kumar Singh, both from Kamruddin Nagar from Nagloi Jat assembly seat joined the party. Shaukin who was an independent in 2007 had joined the BJP party in 2012.
"The party took some wrong decision and I was disillusioned due to this. We were unhappy with the BJP. This is why we have decided to join the Aam Aadmi Party," said Shaukin, who joined the party along with his followers.
JD(U) corportor Rakesh Kumar from ward no 82, which falls in Matia Mahal assembly seat also joined the party and Imran Hussain, BSP corporator from ward no 86 that falls under Balli Maran constituency, also joined AAP.
Hussain had contested Delhi assembly elections on a BSP ticket from the Matia Mahal and had secured around 16,000 votes.
Interestingly, two of the seats- Matia Mahal and Balli Maran- fall under the Chandani Chowk constituency.
"Their (Kumar and Hussain) joining will certainly help the party and has brightened our prospects. I am confident that (sitting MP and Congress leader) Kapil Sibal will lose his deposit this time," said Ashutosh, party`s candidate from Chandani Chowk parliamentary seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!