Corporators from BSP, BJP and JD(U) join AAP
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) got a shot in arm after corporators from BJP, BSP and JD(U) joined the party on Friday.
BJP corporator Ravindra Shaukin, a corporator from ward 44 and block president Arun Kumar Singh, both from Kamruddin Nagar from Nagloi Jat assembly seat joined the party. Shaukin who was an independent in 2007 had joined the BJP party in 2012.
"The party took some wrong decision and I was disillusioned due to this. We were unhappy with the BJP. This is why we have decided to join the Aam Aadmi Party," said Shaukin, who joined the party along with his followers.
JD(U) corportor Rakesh Kumar from ward no 82, which falls in Matia Mahal assembly seat also joined the party and Imran Hussain, BSP corporator from ward no 86 that falls under Balli Maran constituency, also joined AAP.
Hussain had contested Delhi assembly elections on a BSP ticket from the Matia Mahal and had secured around 16,000 votes.
Interestingly, two of the seats- Matia Mahal and Balli Maran- fall under the Chandani Chowk constituency.
"Their (Kumar and Hussain) joining will certainly help the party and has brightened our prospects. I am confident that (sitting MP and Congress leader) Kapil Sibal will lose his deposit this time," said Ashutosh, party`s candidate from Chandani Chowk parliamentary seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres