Corrupt will not be spared, asserts Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said there will be no compromise on corruption, and sought time for taking action against it.
"It has just been eight days, give us some time. We will not spare anyone who is corrupt," Kejriwal told reporters.
"There is no question of compromising on corruption, I will put my life at stake, but will not compromise on the issue," he said.
Kejriwal was responding to a question on whether the Aam Aadmi Party-Congress tie-up would result in letting off the Congress, which AAP charged of corruption in the run-up to the Delhi polls.
"Whether it is Sheila Dikshit, or some minister from the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party, or my own party, no one will be spared," he said.
Kejriwal, however, added the "backends" needed to be strengthened before action can be taken.
"Unless we strengthen our backend, announcement will not help. For example, we said we will give an anti-corruption helpline number, I have been working on its back end since a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar