Corrupt will not be spared, asserts Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said there will be no compromise on corruption, and sought time for taking action against it.
"It has just been eight days, give us some time. We will not spare anyone who is corrupt," Kejriwal told reporters.
"There is no question of compromising on corruption, I will put my life at stake, but will not compromise on the issue," he said.
Kejriwal was responding to a question on whether the Aam Aadmi Party-Congress tie-up would result in letting off the Congress, which AAP charged of corruption in the run-up to the Delhi polls.
"Whether it is Sheila Dikshit, or some minister from the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party, or my own party, no one will be spared," he said.
Kejriwal, however, added the "backends" needed to be strengthened before action can be taken.
"Unless we strengthen our backend, announcement will not help. For example, we said we will give an anti-corruption helpline number, I have been working on its back end since a week," he said.
- Marine Salvatore Girone will be home 'in a few weeks', says Italian minister
- New launch: Check out Micromax Canvas Mega 2 with 6-inch display at Rs 7,999
- Agusta Westland chopper deal: Turning approver is out of question, says Italian middleman Christian Michel
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"