Corrupt will not be spared, asserts Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Sunday said there will be no compromise on corruption, and sought time for taking action against it.
"It has just been eight days, give us some time. We will not spare anyone who is corrupt," Kejriwal told reporters.
"There is no question of compromising on corruption, I will put my life at stake, but will not compromise on the issue," he said.
Kejriwal was responding to a question on whether the Aam Aadmi Party-Congress tie-up would result in letting off the Congress, which AAP charged of corruption in the run-up to the Delhi polls.
"Whether it is Sheila Dikshit, or some minister from the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party, or my own party, no one will be spared," he said.
Kejriwal, however, added the "backends" needed to be strengthened before action can be taken.
"Unless we strengthen our backend, announcement will not help. For example, we said we will give an anti-corruption helpline number, I have been working on its back end since a week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre