Corruption allegations during Dikshit rule will be probed: Goel
New Delhi: With battlelines drawn for November assembly election, Delhi BJP Chief Vijay Goel on Sunday said major cases of alleged graft and financial bungling during Sheila Dikshit`s rule, including CWG scam, will be probed, if BJP returns to power in the city.
"There will be no witch hunt. But if this government has done something wrong, then definitely we will order probe," Goel said in an interview.
Exuding confidence of winning the election after three consecutive defeats, Goel said the party will fight the polls presenting an "alternative agenda" for inclusive growth for the city while taking "best components" from the development models of Gujarat, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh which are ruled by the BJP.
Alleging that Congress government in the city was involved in "massive corruption" and that people were fed up with the current dispensation, he said investigation will be ordered into major scams and irregularities if the BJP wins the election.
But at the same time Goel made it clear that there will be no question of witch hunt or vendetta.
When asked whether there will be investigation into scams in Commonwealth Games projects implemented by Delhi Government if BJP comes to power, he said "yes, definitely.
"We will definitely do (ordering probe) it. I was involved in CWG. I had started an agitation against corruption in hosting of the Commonwealth Games. When the CVC, CAG and the Prime Minister-appointed Shunglu Committee found it (graft), that means there was corruption," the Delhi BJP chief said adding those found guilty will be punished.
The CAG, Shunglu Committee and CVC had found alleged financial irregularities in number of CWG projects implemented by Delhi Government.
The Shunglu Committee had found alleged procedural violations even chief minister Sheila Dikshit in executing projects related to the 2010 Games.
The Delhi Government, however, had strongly rejected the findings.
Noting that hike in power tariff in the city will be a major issue, Goel said if BJP manages to form the government then a detailed probe will be ordered on the very first day into the accounts of the three private power distribution companies in the city.
The BJP has already announced that it will cut tariff by 30 per cent if it wins the polls while alleging "an unholy nexus" between the city government and the private companies.
"If we come to power, then on the very first day we will order a thorough probe into accounts of the discoms," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset