Corruption case: Maj Gen under the scanner
New Delhi: The Army has been hit by yet another corruption case with a Major General coming under the scanner for alleged financial irregularities during his stint at the Udhampur-based Northern Command.
Sources said the Maj Gen belonging to the Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (EME) has been asked to appear before an ongoing Court of Inquiry (CoI) against a Colonel.
The CoI was ordered after allegations of misappropriation of funds through forged bills surfaced in the Northern Command.
However, the Army Headquarters maintained that the Maj Gen has been summoned by the CoI only to appear as a witness and there was no separate investigation against him.
The sources said the Colonel has claimed that he was only following the instructions of the Maj Gen.
Another Maj Gen of the Army Services Corps in the Northern Command is facing a Court of Inquiry (CoI) for allegedly accepting bribe from a local contractor in supplies for formations deployed in Siachen and Jammu and Kashmir.
In the last few years, the Army has seen a number of corruption cases involving Lt Gen-rank officers of which three have been court martialled already.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test