Corruption in unauthorised colony development work
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged largescale corruption in the name of development work in unauthorised colonies here by Delhi State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (DSIIDC) and demanded that cases be registered against ministers concerned and officials.
Claiming that CBI has found irregularities amounting to crores of rupees in the development works, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said the investigating agency has forwarded the report to Chief Vigilance Officer of DSIIDC to initiate action against the officials.
Gupta said the Delhi Cabinet had laid down guidelines for undertaking development work in unauthorised colonies and under this, construction of roads, drains and some other works were awarded to DSIIDC.
He claimed the projects were completed by 2009 but on inspection of these works, the CBI found out that work orders worth Rs 600 crores were divided into 884 parts "deliberately" to show each work order`s value less than Rs one crore to avoid chief technical officer`s approval.
"CBI had written a letter to Chief Vigilance Officer of DSIIDC to levy penalties on superintending engineers and other officers in this action and asked the officer to apprise the probe agency of the action taken.
"Delhi government should inform the public what action has been taken. Whether any criminal complaint has been lodged in this case or any disciplinary action has been initiated or not," Gupta said.
He claimed after construction of concrete roads, sewer lines and drains were laid, which meant the concrete roads had to be dug up again. "Also, the raw material used for this purpose was sub-standard," Gupta alleged.
The BJP leader also asked Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to bring out a notification and clear confusion regarding whether the recent announcement of regularisation of over 900 unauthorised colonies would be a collective one or on an individual basis.
"Lack of clarity on the issue is hampering public from getting crucial information," he said, adding that the government should clear the picture on this immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack