Corruption in unauthorised colony development work
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Monday alleged largescale corruption in the name of development work in unauthorised colonies here by Delhi State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (DSIIDC) and demanded that cases be registered against ministers concerned and officials.
Claiming that CBI has found irregularities amounting to crores of rupees in the development works, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said the investigating agency has forwarded the report to Chief Vigilance Officer of DSIIDC to initiate action against the officials.
Gupta said the Delhi Cabinet had laid down guidelines for undertaking development work in unauthorised colonies and under this, construction of roads, drains and some other works were awarded to DSIIDC.
He claimed the projects were completed by 2009 but on inspection of these works, the CBI found out that work orders worth Rs 600 crores were divided into 884 parts "deliberately" to show each work order`s value less than Rs one crore to avoid chief technical officer`s approval.
"CBI had written a letter to Chief Vigilance Officer of DSIIDC to levy penalties on superintending engineers and other officers in this action and asked the officer to apprise the probe agency of the action taken.
"Delhi government should inform the public what action has been taken. Whether any criminal complaint has been lodged in this case or any disciplinary action has been initiated or not," Gupta said.
He claimed after construction of concrete roads, sewer lines and drains were laid, which meant the concrete roads had to be dug up again. "Also, the raw material used for this purpose was sub-standard," Gupta alleged.
The BJP leader also asked Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to bring out a notification and clear confusion regarding whether the recent announcement of regularisation of over 900 unauthorised colonies would be a collective one or on an individual basis.
"Lack of clarity on the issue is hampering public from getting crucial information," he said, adding that the government should clear the picture on this immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon