Corruption, price rise must be handled aggressively: BJP
New Delhi: Taking a dig at scam tainted UPA government, Delhi Pradesh BJP president Vijay Goel on Sunday said corruption and price rise must be handled aggressively and with utmost thought.
"Corruption and price rise, two core issues which is endangering the very fabric of civil society today needs to be handled very aggressively, urgently and with utmost thought," Goel said while addressing hundreds of party workers at BJP district `Karyakarta Sammelan` here.
Goel said efforts have been initiated to connect with the youth, "who are feeling alienated from the mainstream polity and have been left with a feeling of being used as mere vote bank rather than strength of this Nation."
The BJP Delhi Pradesh President said the party`s strength has always been its cadre and this strength will be further enhanced by going to booths with a dedicated team and organisation.
"Grass roots base of workers is being broadened and that they will be connected more aggressively with functioning of the party. Coordinated efforts in this regard have already begun all across the city," Goel added.
Former Member of Parliament from East Delhi constituency Lal Bihari Tiwari, MLAs from Delhi Vidhan Sabha Mohan Singh Bisht, Sahib Singh Chauhan, Shri Krishan Tyagi were also present during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania