Could CCTVs had saved the day at the Delhi HC?
New Delhi: Was a suggestion by the Delhi
Police for installing CCTV cameras in the Delhi High Court
premises after the May 25 blast ignored?
This question has cropped up after today`s bomb blast
outside the High Court in which 11 persons were killed and 76
injured and triggered a blame game.
Official sources said immediately after the May 25 low
intensity blast outside the high court premises, the Delhi
Police had conducted a security audit of the complex and
suggested a number of places where the CCTV should be
However, the rigmarole of procedures to install these
vital snoop devices were probably the reason that even after
more than three months, the CCTVs could not be installed.
"Had these devices been there, they would have given us
a raw idea of the sequence of events that took place today," a
senior security official said.
Sources said once a decision is being taken to install
the CCTV cameras, it is the Public Works Department of the
Delhi government which is supposed to carry out the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?