Couple arrested on charge of assaulting cop in Delhi
New Delhi: A couple was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly obstructing and assaulting a policeman on duty in northeast Delhi.
The arrested couple has been identified as Deepak Kumar and Preeti Verma with police claiming that they were in an inebriated state when they charged at the policeman.
According to a police statement, a PCR call was received yesterday regarding an accident involving a car and a motorcycle at Indian Oil petrol pump near Agarwal City Mall.
Head Constable Sahan Singh reached the spot. However, the driver of the car was aggressive and he started misbehaving and even caught hold of his collar, police alleged.
At this moment, two people from the public namely Rakesh Kumar Pandey and Krishan Kumar Mishra intervened and tried to pacify the driver but their efforts went in vain.
Meanwhile, a woman sitting in the car also came out and start hurling abuses. She threatened to tear her clothes in order to implicate them in a false case, police alleged.
When the Head Constable advised her to mind her language in public place, she assaulted him and caught hold of collar of his uniform threatening to bring molestation charges against him too, police said.
Both the accused appeared to be under influence of liquor and their subsequent, medical examination in hospital confirmed this, police claimed in a statement.
Accordingly, an FIR was registered in this regard and both the man and the woman were arrested, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'