Couple arrested on charge of assaulting cop in Delhi
New Delhi: A couple was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly obstructing and assaulting a policeman on duty in northeast Delhi.
The arrested couple has been identified as Deepak Kumar and Preeti Verma with police claiming that they were in an inebriated state when they charged at the policeman.
According to a police statement, a PCR call was received yesterday regarding an accident involving a car and a motorcycle at Indian Oil petrol pump near Agarwal City Mall.
Head Constable Sahan Singh reached the spot. However, the driver of the car was aggressive and he started misbehaving and even caught hold of his collar, police alleged.
At this moment, two people from the public namely Rakesh Kumar Pandey and Krishan Kumar Mishra intervened and tried to pacify the driver but their efforts went in vain.
Meanwhile, a woman sitting in the car also came out and start hurling abuses. She threatened to tear her clothes in order to implicate them in a false case, police alleged.
When the Head Constable advised her to mind her language in public place, she assaulted him and caught hold of collar of his uniform threatening to bring molestation charges against him too, police said.
Both the accused appeared to be under influence of liquor and their subsequent, medical examination in hospital confirmed this, police claimed in a statement.
Accordingly, an FIR was registered in this regard and both the man and the woman were arrested, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing