Couple arrested on charge of assaulting cop in Delhi
New Delhi: A couple was on Tuesday arrested for allegedly obstructing and assaulting a policeman on duty in northeast Delhi.
The arrested couple has been identified as Deepak Kumar and Preeti Verma with police claiming that they were in an inebriated state when they charged at the policeman.
According to a police statement, a PCR call was received yesterday regarding an accident involving a car and a motorcycle at Indian Oil petrol pump near Agarwal City Mall.
Head Constable Sahan Singh reached the spot. However, the driver of the car was aggressive and he started misbehaving and even caught hold of his collar, police alleged.
At this moment, two people from the public namely Rakesh Kumar Pandey and Krishan Kumar Mishra intervened and tried to pacify the driver but their efforts went in vain.
Meanwhile, a woman sitting in the car also came out and start hurling abuses. She threatened to tear her clothes in order to implicate them in a false case, police alleged.
When the Head Constable advised her to mind her language in public place, she assaulted him and caught hold of collar of his uniform threatening to bring molestation charges against him too, police said.
Both the accused appeared to be under influence of liquor and their subsequent, medical examination in hospital confirmed this, police claimed in a statement.
Accordingly, an FIR was registered in this regard and both the man and the woman were arrested, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day