Couple attempts suicide as parents reject their af
New Delhi: A young couple allegedly attempted suicide by consuming sleeping pills at a park in north Delhi, apparently after their parents refused to accept their relationship, police said on Monday.
The couple, both aged 25, were found inside a park near the North Campus of the Delhi University.
The man, who is an ITI diploma holder, and the woman, a B.Ed student, are residents of Madipur area, police said.
Both were admitted to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'