Couple attempts suicide as parents reject their af
New Delhi: A young couple allegedly attempted suicide by consuming sleeping pills at a park in north Delhi, apparently after their parents refused to accept their relationship, police said on Monday.
The couple, both aged 25, were found inside a park near the North Campus of the Delhi University.
The man, who is an ITI diploma holder, and the woman, a B.Ed student, are residents of Madipur area, police said.
Both were admitted to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state