Couple attempts suicide as parents reject their af
New Delhi: A young couple allegedly attempted suicide by consuming sleeping pills at a park in north Delhi, apparently after their parents refused to accept their relationship, police said on Monday.
The couple, both aged 25, were found inside a park near the North Campus of the Delhi University.
The man, who is an ITI diploma holder, and the woman, a B.Ed student, are residents of Madipur area, police said.
Both were admitted to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand