Couple attempts suicide as parents reject their af
New Delhi: A young couple allegedly attempted suicide by consuming sleeping pills at a park in north Delhi, apparently after their parents refused to accept their relationship, police said on Monday.
The couple, both aged 25, were found inside a park near the North Campus of the Delhi University.
The man, who is an ITI diploma holder, and the woman, a B.Ed student, are residents of Madipur area, police said.
Both were admitted to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections