Couple found buried in park in New Friends Colony
New Delhi: A young couple was on Saturday found
buried in a park in the national capital, police said.
The incident was reported from B-Block of New Friends
Colony at around 8 am. The couple is in their early thirties.
"There were strangulation marks on the man`s body while
the woman`s legs and hands were tied. Their bodies were
covered by grass," a senior police official said.
The bodies were discovered by boys who were playing
cricket in the park. "They were searching for the ball when
they accidentally discovered the bodies," the official said.
Two SIM cards were also recovered from the spot.
"Prima facie, it appears that the couple was poisoned to
death. However, murder due to strangulation is also a
probability as handkerchieves were found tied around the neck
of both the victims," the official said.
Investigators were trying to ascertain the identity of
In another incident, an unidentified man was found
stabbed to death under a flyover in Ashram of south east
The body bore marks of sharp weapon injuries and he was
seemingly hit by stones as well, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown