Couple found buried in park in New Friends Colony
New Delhi: A young couple was on Saturday found
buried in a park in the national capital, police said.
The incident was reported from B-Block of New Friends
Colony at around 8 am. The couple is in their early thirties.
"There were strangulation marks on the man`s body while
the woman`s legs and hands were tied. Their bodies were
covered by grass," a senior police official said.
The bodies were discovered by boys who were playing
cricket in the park. "They were searching for the ball when
they accidentally discovered the bodies," the official said.
Two SIM cards were also recovered from the spot.
"Prima facie, it appears that the couple was poisoned to
death. However, murder due to strangulation is also a
probability as handkerchieves were found tied around the neck
of both the victims," the official said.
Investigators were trying to ascertain the identity of
In another incident, an unidentified man was found
stabbed to death under a flyover in Ashram of south east
The body bore marks of sharp weapon injuries and he was
seemingly hit by stones as well, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?