Couple suicide attempt: Girl alleges boy forced her to jump in front of Delhi Metro
New Delhi: A day after a couple jumped before a metro train in a suspected suicide attempt, the girl has alleged that she was forced by her companion to take the plunge, police said today.
The incident occurred yesterday at about 10.45 AM when Amit Chauhan (27) and Mohini (22), both engineering students, jumped on the metro track when a train, heading toward HUDA City Centre in Gurgaon, arrived on the station.
"Mohini has alleged that she was forced by Amit to jump in front of the train even though she was reluctant to do so," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Railways) Sanjay Bhatia said.
A case of attempt to murder has been registered. "They were acquainted with each other. We are verifying the claims of the girl," Bhatia added.
The girl, who hails from Ambala in Haryana is a B Tech final year student of Kurukshetra University while Chauhan has completed M Tech from the same university. He is a resident of Kalka in Haryana. Mohini has been living in Delhi where she is preparing for M Tech entrance exam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter