Couple suicide attempt: Girl alleges boy forced her to jump in front of Delhi Metro
New Delhi: A day after a couple jumped before a metro train in a suspected suicide attempt, the girl has alleged that she was forced by her companion to take the plunge, police said today.
The incident occurred yesterday at about 10.45 AM when Amit Chauhan (27) and Mohini (22), both engineering students, jumped on the metro track when a train, heading toward HUDA City Centre in Gurgaon, arrived on the station.
"Mohini has alleged that she was forced by Amit to jump in front of the train even though she was reluctant to do so," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Railways) Sanjay Bhatia said.
A case of attempt to murder has been registered. "They were acquainted with each other. We are verifying the claims of the girl," Bhatia added.
The girl, who hails from Ambala in Haryana is a B Tech final year student of Kurukshetra University while Chauhan has completed M Tech from the same university. He is a resident of Kalka in Haryana. Mohini has been living in Delhi where she is preparing for M Tech entrance exam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical