Courier company to pay Rs 34K
New Delhi: A Delhi-based courier service firm has been ordered by a consumer forum to pay Rs 34,000 to one of its customers for failing to deliver a parcel to his consignee.
The Central District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum asked Blaze Flash Courier Pvt Ltd to pay its customer, saying that the customer suffered losses as the courier firm failed to deliver the package.
"The complainant (NK Jain) suffered loss of Rs 24,000 because the courier company failed to deliver the booked consignment to the consignee.
"We allow the complaint with the directions to the courier company to pay the complainant a sum of Rs 24,000 and another sum of Rs 10,000 as damages and cost of litigation," the forum presided by BB Chaudhary said.
The forum`s order came on a plea by NK Jain, an East Delhi-based drawing dies and machine spares manufacturer.
Jain said he had booked a consignment through the courier service on March 24, 2008, but the same was not delivered by Blaze Flash to the consignee Apar Industries Ltd. It resulted in a loss of Rs 24,000 as he had to send the material again.
In its defence, the courier firm denied that it caused any deficiency in service. It, however, admitted that it had received the parcel from Jain but the same was lost in transit.
The company had contended that it has limited liability to the extent of Rs 100 only as per the terms and conditions.
The forum rejected the contention saying the "company has not placed on the file, the copy of the consignment note" nor had it, in its affidavit deposed that those terms and conditions were duly brought to the notice of the complainant.
"Subsequently, the courier company cannot take benefit of those terms and conditions," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3