Courses by Jamia Millia for those in locality
New Delhi: Lessons in sewing, driving and beauty care are now at their doorstep. Residents in the neighbourhood of Jamia Millia university are set to benefit from 10 short term courses announced for them by the varsity.
The courses, which will be conducted by the department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension, will be for a duration of one to six months, a statement said Wednesday.
The courses on offer are sewing and cutting, motor driving, wiring, beauty care, dress designing, textile designing and printing, repair of electric equipment, mobile repairing, soft toy making and computer skill development.
"A very nominal fee will be charged for these courses. Pamphlets have been sent out into the locality so that interested residents from nearby areas can contact the Department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension," the statement said.
"Residents can come and visit the department from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to know more about the courses. They may even call the department on 26843940," it added.
The last date of application is May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor