Courses by Jamia Millia for those in locality
New Delhi: Lessons in sewing, driving and beauty care are now at their doorstep. Residents in the neighbourhood of Jamia Millia university are set to benefit from 10 short term courses announced for them by the varsity.
The courses, which will be conducted by the department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension, will be for a duration of one to six months, a statement said Wednesday.
The courses on offer are sewing and cutting, motor driving, wiring, beauty care, dress designing, textile designing and printing, repair of electric equipment, mobile repairing, soft toy making and computer skill development.
"A very nominal fee will be charged for these courses. Pamphlets have been sent out into the locality so that interested residents from nearby areas can contact the Department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension," the statement said.
"Residents can come and visit the department from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to know more about the courses. They may even call the department on 26843940," it added.
The last date of application is May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what