Court acquits barber accused of sodomising boy
New Delhi: A youth, accused of abducting and sodomising a boy, has been acquitted by a Delhi court on the ground that the complainants have ressiled from their statements recorded before the police.
Additional Sessions Judge Renu Bhatnagar let off Uttar Pradesh resident, who runs a barber shop here, saying "there is no incriminating evidence" against him as all the three star witnesses have turned "hostile".
"All the three star witnesses including the victim, his father and mother, have turned hostile and not supported the prosecution case. It is stated by prosecution witness (PW 1, the boy) that on January 3, 2006, he and the accused were playing outside their respective houses. While playing they had heated arguments and scuffled with each other and that out of anger he had reported the matter to the police.
"He had denied that accused has sodomized him or slapped him. He has stated that whatever the police had asked him to say he accordingly narrated the same before the doctor... All the three witnesses (boy, his father and mother) have resiled from their statement," the court said.
The accused was arrested by the police on a complaint lodged by the boy and his father that on December 30, 2005, the accused took the boy to nearby place and committed "wrong act" with him.
"The victim raised noise following which the accused put his hand on his mouth and also slapped him and threatened to kill him and his father if he narrated the incident to anybody," the boy had told the police.
Taking note of the material placed before the judge, it observed that there is no need of recording the statement of accused as there is no incriminating evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani