Court acquits Kanda, brother in 14-yr-old cheque bounce case
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, arrested in ex-air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, and his brother were on Monday acquitted by a Delhi court in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case as they settled the matter with the complainant by paying Rs.4.10 lakh.
"In view of the statement of the AR (authorised representative) of the complainant, the present case is disposed of as compromised and the accused (Kanda and his brother Gobind) are acquitted...," Metropolitan Magistrate Vikrant Vaid said.
During the hearing, the representative of complainant M/s Indo Polycoats Pvt Ltd told the court that the dispute has been settled and the case be allowed to be withdrawn. The plea was allowed.
The counsel for the complainant, Dharmender Priani, said that nothing remained as the matter has been amicably settled and the accused have already paid outstanding Rs 4.10 lakh to the firm.
The court was hearing a cheque bounce case against Gobind and Gopal lodged on the complaint of Indo Polycoats Pvt Ltd, engaged in manufacturing of coated fabrics and vinyl flooring.
In August 1997, the complainant had got a request from Kandas` company --Kanda Polymers -- in August 1997, for supply for coated fabrics to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP