Court acquits Kanda, brother in 14-yr-old cheque bounce case
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, arrested in ex-air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, and his brother were on Monday acquitted by a Delhi court in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case as they settled the matter with the complainant by paying Rs.4.10 lakh.
"In view of the statement of the AR (authorised representative) of the complainant, the present case is disposed of as compromised and the accused (Kanda and his brother Gobind) are acquitted...," Metropolitan Magistrate Vikrant Vaid said.
During the hearing, the representative of complainant M/s Indo Polycoats Pvt Ltd told the court that the dispute has been settled and the case be allowed to be withdrawn. The plea was allowed.
The counsel for the complainant, Dharmender Priani, said that nothing remained as the matter has been amicably settled and the accused have already paid outstanding Rs 4.10 lakh to the firm.
The court was hearing a cheque bounce case against Gobind and Gopal lodged on the complaint of Indo Polycoats Pvt Ltd, engaged in manufacturing of coated fabrics and vinyl flooring.
In August 1997, the complainant had got a request from Kandas` company --Kanda Polymers -- in August 1997, for supply for coated fabrics to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened