Court acquits Kanda, brother in 14-yr-old cheque bounce case
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, arrested in ex-air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, and his brother were on Monday acquitted by a Delhi court in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case as they settled the matter with the complainant by paying Rs.4.10 lakh.
"In view of the statement of the AR (authorised representative) of the complainant, the present case is disposed of as compromised and the accused (Kanda and his brother Gobind) are acquitted...," Metropolitan Magistrate Vikrant Vaid said.
During the hearing, the representative of complainant M/s Indo Polycoats Pvt Ltd told the court that the dispute has been settled and the case be allowed to be withdrawn. The plea was allowed.
The counsel for the complainant, Dharmender Priani, said that nothing remained as the matter has been amicably settled and the accused have already paid outstanding Rs 4.10 lakh to the firm.
The court was hearing a cheque bounce case against Gobind and Gopal lodged on the complaint of Indo Polycoats Pvt Ltd, engaged in manufacturing of coated fabrics and vinyl flooring.
In August 1997, the complainant had got a request from Kandas` company --Kanda Polymers -- in August 1997, for supply for coated fabrics to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars