Court acquits man in robbery case
New Delhi: A man has been acquitted of the charge of robbing a person of his mobile phone and Rs 5,800 by a Delhi court as the victim remained untraceable after registration of the complaint.
Metropolitan Magistrate Shreya Arora Mehta acquitted south Delhi resident Rikki?Pal of the charge of robbing one Mithlesh in September 2009.
"Summons upon complainant Mithlesh received back unexecuted with report that he is not traceable from office of DCP (South). Thus, prosecution has failed to establish guilt of accused beyond reasonable doubt," the court said.
After the complainant remained untraceable, the prosecution submitted that it does not want to examine any other witness and prosecution evidence was closed.
In his complaint, Mithlesh had alleged that on September 13, 2009, Pal, along with his companions, had beaten him up and taken away Rs 5,800 and his mobile phone.
Pal was charged with the offences of voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery and common intention under IPC.
During the trial, Pal had claimed innocence, saying he was falsely implicated in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark