Court asks police to file FIR in a complaint against Maneka Gandhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police has been directed by a court here to register an FIR in a complaint filed by a medico against BJP MP Maneka Gandhi and others for forcibly taking away his eight pet dogs from his residence.
"Let the FIR be registered in the present case. SHO shall proceed in investigation in accordance with law. It is noted here that the observations made in this order have no bearing on the merits of the case," Metropolitan Magistrate Rajesh Malik said.
The court passed the order on a complaint by Dr Rajesh Kumar Singh, a child specialist and a resident of East of Kailash in south Delhi, against Maneka Gandhi and others under various provisions of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act and for theft and trespass under IPC.
In the complaint filed by advocate R K Tarun, Singh alleged that on November 26, 2012, some people accompanied by the police forcibly entered his house in his absence along with his neighbour and took away his pets.
The complainant alleged that the intruders were acting at the behest of Maneka Gandhi.
Singh said when he approached the police, he was told that his pets were taken away by People For Animals, an organisation run by Maneka Gandhi.
When he went to the NGO`s office, he was told that they had acted on the complaint of his neighbour that the dogs were in a bad condition and that he was running an illegal breeding centre in his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand