Court asks Sheila Dikshit to appear in court
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday directed Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to appear in person on the next date of hearing on November 9 in a defamation case lodged by her against Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta.
Metropolitan Magistrate Navneet Budhiraja directed the Chief Minister that she must appeared in the court on November 9 without any excuse.
"Considering the fact complainant has not appeared since recording of her statement against Gupta, therefore she is directed to appear positively. Otherwise the complaint would be dismissed," said the court.
The court said the chief minister is also like any other complainant.
The court order came after Gupta`s counsel Anil Soni and Ajay Digpaul strongly opposed the exemption sought by Dikshit on the ground of inauguration function.
On the last date of hearing, Gupta moved an application for correction of ordersheet, in which notice was issued to both parties to appear in the court.
They told the court that Dikshit has only appeared once in the case even though court has given seven dates of hearing.
The court directed the lawyers and other people who are not associated with the case to leave the room, to which the lawyers raised objection.
The complaint filed by Dikshit before the magistrate said that to gain political mileage by maligning her, the BJP leader had used "uncivilised" language against her before the civic polls in April this year.
Dikshit alleged that Gupta called her a "villain" and "vamp" and also said that she had cheated the people of Delhi.
The Chief Minister on May 30 recorded her statement against Gupta and requested the court to summon him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof