Court calls for medical report of Dec 16 gang-rape accused
New Delhi: The fast track court hearing the December 16 gang-rape case on Wednesday called for a complete medical status report of one of the accused who was admitted in a hospital last night.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Yogesh Khanna called for the medical report of accused Vinay Sharma, who was not present in the court today as he was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital here following high fever.
Advocate A P Singh, who appeared for Vinay, moved an application, saying his client should be treated by a medical board comprising of doctors from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital or Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
To this, the court said that before passing any specific direction on the plea, "it would be appropriate to get the view of the jail doctors and hence a copy of this order be sent to the Jail Superintendent, Tihar Jail, Delhi for filing complete medical status report of accused Vinay."
The court said, "Since the Special Public Prosecutor did not object to the treatment of the accused in any other hospital, if advised by the jail doctors, it may be given."
During the proceedings, the court also issued a production warrant for Vinay seeking his presence before it tomorrow subject to the advice of the jail doctors.
Vinay, along with five others, including a juvenile, had allegedly gang-raped a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus here on December 16 last year. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore