Court defers hearing against Army Chief
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday deferred to May 14 the hearing of the defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against the Army Chief, Gen VK Singh.
"Put up for conclusion of arguments on the point of summoning (the army chief) for May 14," ordered Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja said, adding he required time for reading documents and the statement of complainant and witnesses in the case.
The case was transferred to Thareja by a higher court after another magistrate Saturday decided not to hear the case any further.
The magistrate also asked the complainant to clarify some points including addressing of media by army officials.
Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh replied that serving officials are not allowed to address media directly.
In his petition, the retired army officer has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, he has, in his complaint, also named army vice chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General, Military Intelligence, Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General, Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information staff officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM