Court defers hearing against Army Chief
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday deferred to May 14 the hearing of the defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against the Army Chief, Gen VK Singh.
"Put up for conclusion of arguments on the point of summoning (the army chief) for May 14," ordered Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja said, adding he required time for reading documents and the statement of complainant and witnesses in the case.
The case was transferred to Thareja by a higher court after another magistrate Saturday decided not to hear the case any further.
The magistrate also asked the complainant to clarify some points including addressing of media by army officials.
Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh replied that serving officials are not allowed to address media directly.
In his petition, the retired army officer has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, he has, in his complaint, also named army vice chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General, Military Intelligence, Lt. Gen. B.S. Thakur, Additional Director General, Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information staff officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today