Court defers hearing on bail plea of godman ‘Ichchadhari’
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday deferred
to July 24 the hearing on the bail plea of self-styled godman
Shiv Murat Dwivedi in a case against him under the stringent
MCOCA for allegedly running a flesh trade racket here.
"Fix the matter for hearing on the bail application
on July 24," Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria said.
Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji
Maharaj Chitrakootwale had filed the plea on a statutory
ground, saying "he deserves to be released on bail as the
police failed to file the chargesheet within the stipulated 90
days period prescribed under the CrPC and the MCOCA."
Defence counsel M S Khan said that the accused was
entitled for his release on bail as the police did not file
probe report within the stipulated time and he cannot be kept
in detention for an infinite period.
Police filed a reply opposing the bail plea of the
In another case lodged against Dwivedi and others,
including six alleged call girls under the Immoral Traffic
(Prevention) Act, police have recently filed the chargesheet.
Except Dwivedi, all other accused are out on bail.
Police, however, is yet to complete probe in the case
lodged under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act.
The case under MCOCA was lodged against Dwivedi after
it came to light that he was allegedly running an organised
flesh trade syndicate here.
Dwivedi was allegedly running the sex racket for the
last 10 to 12 years and has acquired properties worth crores
of rupees, police said.
During custodial interrogation, police, at the
instance of the accused, have allegedly recovered various
documents relating to properties, investments and bank
details, it said.
Police also alleged that Rs 1.55 lakh in cash, some
gold ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi
at the time of the raid on his premises on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon