Court defers hearing on bail plea of godman ‘Ichchadhari’
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday deferred
to July 24 the hearing on the bail plea of self-styled godman
Shiv Murat Dwivedi in a case against him under the stringent
MCOCA for allegedly running a flesh trade racket here.
"Fix the matter for hearing on the bail application
on July 24," Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria said.
Dwivedi alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji
Maharaj Chitrakootwale had filed the plea on a statutory
ground, saying "he deserves to be released on bail as the
police failed to file the chargesheet within the stipulated 90
days period prescribed under the CrPC and the MCOCA."
Defence counsel M S Khan said that the accused was
entitled for his release on bail as the police did not file
probe report within the stipulated time and he cannot be kept
in detention for an infinite period.
Police filed a reply opposing the bail plea of the
In another case lodged against Dwivedi and others,
including six alleged call girls under the Immoral Traffic
(Prevention) Act, police have recently filed the chargesheet.
Except Dwivedi, all other accused are out on bail.
Police, however, is yet to complete probe in the case
lodged under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act.
The case under MCOCA was lodged against Dwivedi after
it came to light that he was allegedly running an organised
flesh trade syndicate here.
Dwivedi was allegedly running the sex racket for the
last 10 to 12 years and has acquired properties worth crores
of rupees, police said.
During custodial interrogation, police, at the
instance of the accused, have allegedly recovered various
documents relating to properties, investments and bank
details, it said.
Police also alleged that Rs 1.55 lakh in cash, some
gold ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi
at the time of the raid on his premises on February 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'