Court dismisses bail plea of self-styled godman in MCOCA case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday dismissed the
bail plea of self-styled godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi who has
been booked in a case under stringent MCOCA for allegedly
running a flesh trade racket here.
"The charges against the accused were grave and he could
not be enlarged on bail as the case pertained to alleged
running of an orgnaised racket," Additional Sessions Judge S K
Dwivedi, alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji
Maharaj Chitrakootwale, had filed the bail application on the
statutory ground, saying "he deserves to be released on bail
as the police failed to file the chargesheet within the
stipulated 90 days period prescribed under CrPC and MCOCA."
Defence counsel M S Khan said the police had approached
the court for extension of time to conclude the probe after
the lapse of stipulated 90 days period and consquently,
Dwivedi deserved to be released on bail. The plea was
The police had opposed the bail plea of the accused.
The police, however, are yet to complete probe in the
case lodged under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act.
Dwivedi was allegedly running the sex racket for the last
10 to 12 years and has acquired properties worth crores of
rupees, police said.
During custodial interrogation, the police claimed that,
at the instance of the accused, they recovered various
documents relating to properties, investments and bank
The police also alleged that Rs 1.55 lakh in cash, some
gold ornaments and VCDs were recovered from the car of Dwivedi
at the time of the raid on his premises on February 26.
Besides the present case, Dwivedi, along with seven
others including six alleged call girls, are accused in
another case lodged under Immoral Trafficking (Prevention)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack