Court dismisses plea for FIR against Nirmal Baba
New Delhi: A plea for lodging a criminal case against self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba for allegedly cheating people and breaching public trust was on Monday dismissed by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Neeraj Gaur dismissed advocate Prem Shankar Sharma`s complaint for direction to the police to register an FIR against Nirmaljeet Singh Narula alias Nirmal Baba and asked Sharma to lead pre-summoning evidence in favour of his complaint.
Sharma had sought court`s direction for prosecution of Baba allegedly for cheating, committing criminal breach of trust and hurting religious sentiments of the people.
He had also sought lodging of the FIR against Baba for his alleged offences under the Drugs and Magic Act, committed due to airing of objectionable advertisements on TV channels for treatment of diseases.
Sharma had alleged Nirmal Baba was "spreading blind faith in the society" by airing shows like `Third Eye of Nirmal Baba` on TV channels where he asks people to follow his preachings and guidelines to become rich and get rid of all problems in life, while his only motive is to make money.
The complainant had said Nirmal Baba is a "fraud with no degree in religious teachings" and spreads fear among people by claiming that he has supernatural powers and asking them "to deposit ten per cent of their income in his bank account to receive his blessings."
The advocate had also accused Nirmal Baba of hurting religious sentiments of people by asking them to chant Lord Shiva`s name only twice a day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!