Court dismisses plea for FIR against Nirmal Baba
New Delhi: A plea for lodging a criminal case against self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba for allegedly cheating people and breaching public trust was on Monday dismissed by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Neeraj Gaur dismissed advocate Prem Shankar Sharma`s complaint for direction to the police to register an FIR against Nirmaljeet Singh Narula alias Nirmal Baba and asked Sharma to lead pre-summoning evidence in favour of his complaint.
Sharma had sought court`s direction for prosecution of Baba allegedly for cheating, committing criminal breach of trust and hurting religious sentiments of the people.
He had also sought lodging of the FIR against Baba for his alleged offences under the Drugs and Magic Act, committed due to airing of objectionable advertisements on TV channels for treatment of diseases.
Sharma had alleged Nirmal Baba was "spreading blind faith in the society" by airing shows like `Third Eye of Nirmal Baba` on TV channels where he asks people to follow his preachings and guidelines to become rich and get rid of all problems in life, while his only motive is to make money.
The complainant had said Nirmal Baba is a "fraud with no degree in religious teachings" and spreads fear among people by claiming that he has supernatural powers and asking them "to deposit ten per cent of their income in his bank account to receive his blessings."
The advocate had also accused Nirmal Baba of hurting religious sentiments of people by asking them to chant Lord Shiva`s name only twice a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside