Court dismisses plea for FIR against Nirmal Baba
New Delhi: A plea for lodging a criminal case against self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba for allegedly cheating people and breaching public trust was on Monday dismissed by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Neeraj Gaur dismissed advocate Prem Shankar Sharma`s complaint for direction to the police to register an FIR against Nirmaljeet Singh Narula alias Nirmal Baba and asked Sharma to lead pre-summoning evidence in favour of his complaint.
Sharma had sought court`s direction for prosecution of Baba allegedly for cheating, committing criminal breach of trust and hurting religious sentiments of the people.
He had also sought lodging of the FIR against Baba for his alleged offences under the Drugs and Magic Act, committed due to airing of objectionable advertisements on TV channels for treatment of diseases.
Sharma had alleged Nirmal Baba was "spreading blind faith in the society" by airing shows like `Third Eye of Nirmal Baba` on TV channels where he asks people to follow his preachings and guidelines to become rich and get rid of all problems in life, while his only motive is to make money.
The complainant had said Nirmal Baba is a "fraud with no degree in religious teachings" and spreads fear among people by claiming that he has supernatural powers and asking them "to deposit ten per cent of their income in his bank account to receive his blessings."
The advocate had also accused Nirmal Baba of hurting religious sentiments of people by asking them to chant Lord Shiva`s name only twice a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you