Court extends JC of Kanda, Chaddah in Geetika suicide case
New Delhi: A Delhi court extended on Wednesday till October 26 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddah, arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Kanda and Chaddah, who were both chargesheeted by the Delhi police on October 6 for allegedly conspiring to intimidate Geetika for taking the extreme step, were produced before ACMM D K Jangala after expiry of their judicial custody today.
Former air hostess Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah.
The Delhi police charge sheet has accused the duo of committing offences under section 306 (abetment of suicide), 120 B (criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation), 201 (destruction of evidence), 467 (forgery of valuable security), 468 (forgery with intention to cheat), 469 (forgery with intention to harm reputation) and 471 (using forged documents as genuine) of the Indian Penal Code.
The charge sheet added that they had also committed offence under section 66 of the Information and Technology Act which deals with hacking of computers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!