Court extends judicial custody of Abhishek Verma, wife till Oct 8
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday extended till October 8 the judicial custody of businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife, arrested for their alleged involvement in a money laundering case lodged by the Enforcement Directorate.
Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu were produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Gautam Manan after expiry of their remand and the court extended their judicial custody by a week after the ED said that probe into the case is going on.
During the day, both the accused were also produced before a special CBI court here in connection with two separate cases of corruption and forgery lodged against them by the agency.
Special CBI judge Sanjeev Jain extended their judicial custody till October 8. They are also lodged in jail for their alleged role in a case lodged under the Official Secrets Act by the CBI.
The ED had registered a money laundering case against the couple for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms-dealing firm to keep it out of the Indian government`s blacklist.
Verma and his wife were arrested on August 22 by the ED after they had moved an application to surrender in the money laundering case.
Verma and his wife are also accused in three separate cases filed by the CBI, including a forgery case lodged on the complaint of Union Sports Minister Ajay Maken.
Both the accused had been earlier granted bail on August 8 in the corruption case for allegedly receiving USD 5,30,000 from Rheinmetall Air Defence AG for using their influence to stall the firm`s blacklisting by the government here.
They were granted bail after the CBI had failed to file
charge sheet against them within stipulated 60 days following their arrest on June 8 in the corruption case.
The CBI, however, had arrested them on the same day in the forgery case registered on Maken`s complaint in the court room itself. Anca was later on granted bail by the court in this case.
They were accused of writing a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in 2009 on Maken`s forged letterhead for easing of business visa norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'