Court frames charges against Jaya Jaitley
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Sunday framed charges against former Samata Party president Jaya Jaitley and two others in an alleged corruption case of 2001 relating to a defence deal.
Jaitley, her erstwhile party colleague Gopal Pacherwal and retired Major General S P Murgai appeared before Special CBI Judge Kawal Jeet Arora who posted the matter for further proceedings from April 30 after framing the charges.
The court framed charges against them for the offence of hatching criminal conspiracy under section 120 B of the Indian penal Code and various other sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act dealing with `taking gratification for exercise of personal influence with public servant`.
The three accused pleaded not guilty and claimed to face trial in the case. The case was registered on the basis of a sting, `Operation West End,` conducted by newsportal tehelka.com in 2000, purportedly exposing alleged corruption in defence deals. The CBI had submitted a charge sheet against Jaya Jaitley and others in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex