Court frames charges against Jaya Jaitley
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Sunday framed charges against former Samata Party president Jaya Jaitley and two others in an alleged corruption case of 2001 relating to a defence deal.
Jaitley, her erstwhile party colleague Gopal Pacherwal and retired Major General S P Murgai appeared before Special CBI Judge Kawal Jeet Arora who posted the matter for further proceedings from April 30 after framing the charges.
The court framed charges against them for the offence of hatching criminal conspiracy under section 120 B of the Indian penal Code and various other sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act dealing with `taking gratification for exercise of personal influence with public servant`.
The three accused pleaded not guilty and claimed to face trial in the case. The case was registered on the basis of a sting, `Operation West End,` conducted by newsportal tehelka.com in 2000, purportedly exposing alleged corruption in defence deals. The CBI had submitted a charge sheet against Jaya Jaitley and others in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!