Court irked over summons against magistrate
New Delhi: A Delhi court has taken strong note of the issuance of summons against a magistrate even after he had testified as a witness in a murder case involving former Uttar Pradesh MLA Udai Bhan Singh and five others as accused.
"Staff is warned to be careful in future," Special CBI Judge OP Saini said after the lapse of re-summoning the magistrate, who had already testified, was brought to notice.
"Metropolitan Magistrate Sandeep Yadav is present for examination. However, it is revealed that he has already been examined as a prosecution witness and summons were issued to him inadvertently," the court said, cautioning its staff against such lapses.
The court, meanwhile, issued bailable warrants against prosecution witnesses Nirmala Devi and Saket Narayan Shukla after they failed to depose.
"Considering their continuous absence from the court, ... Bailable warrants to the sum of Rs 1,000 be issued against them," it said and fixed the case for November 18 for recording of their statements.
Earlier, witness Sarvesh Narain Shukla had testified that the former Samajwadi Party MLA was inimical to his family and had plotted the murder of his uncle Rakesh Pandey, an eyewitness to a triple murder case.
The former lawmaker was also an accused in the triple murder which was witnessed by Pandey, he claimed.
Pandey, who was to testify in 2003 in an Uttar Pradesh court against the MLA in the case, was first threatened and later killed as he did not buckle under pressure, the witness had said.
The case was transferred to Delhi by the Supreme Court on the ground that Singh allegedly killed one of the witnesses of the triple murder case and a fair trial was not possible against him in Uttar Pradesh.
The former MLA and his accomplices have been charged with killing Pandey on the morning of February 17, 2003 at Gopiganj police station at Sant Ravidas Nagar district near Varanasi.
Initially, Singh and nine others were arraigned as accused for killing Pandey. However, three accused, Santosh Kumar Singh, Vinod Kumar Singh and Bashir Khan, died during the pendency of trial and another accused Kallu was declared a proclaimed offender after he went absconding.
Besides Singh, the other accused are Sandeep Singh, Ashok Mishra, Raj Nath Mishra, Mabud Khan and Vishal Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday