Court issues notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has issued
notice to the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid to appear
before it in a case of alleged violation of the model code in
the 2007 assembly elections in UP.
The Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari had reportedly used a
helicopter, without permission, while campaigning for United
Democratic Front (UDF) candidate Sabir Ali from the Khatoli
constituency in the elections.
The chief judicial magistrate directed the district
police chief yesterday to ensure the execution of the notice
so that Bukhari appears before the court for the next hearing
on March 26, 2010.
On the EC`s directive, a case was earlier registered
against the Shahi Imam, Sabir Ali and Party election in-charge
The trio had landed a helicopter in an election meeting
at Khatauli town on April 10, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea