Court issues notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has issued
notice to the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid to appear
before it in a case of alleged violation of the model code in
the 2007 assembly elections in UP.
The Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari had reportedly used a
helicopter, without permission, while campaigning for United
Democratic Front (UDF) candidate Sabir Ali from the Khatoli
constituency in the elections.
The chief judicial magistrate directed the district
police chief yesterday to ensure the execution of the notice
so that Bukhari appears before the court for the next hearing
on March 26, 2010.
On the EC`s directive, a case was earlier registered
against the Shahi Imam, Sabir Ali and Party election in-charge
The trio had landed a helicopter in an election meeting
at Khatauli town on April 10, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US