Court issues notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has issued
notice to the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid to appear
before it in a case of alleged violation of the model code in
the 2007 assembly elections in UP.
The Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari had reportedly used a
helicopter, without permission, while campaigning for United
Democratic Front (UDF) candidate Sabir Ali from the Khatoli
constituency in the elections.
The chief judicial magistrate directed the district
police chief yesterday to ensure the execution of the notice
so that Bukhari appears before the court for the next hearing
on March 26, 2010.
On the EC`s directive, a case was earlier registered
against the Shahi Imam, Sabir Ali and Party election in-charge
The trio had landed a helicopter in an election meeting
at Khatauli town on April 10, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!