Court issues notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has issued
notice to the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid to appear
before it in a case of alleged violation of the model code in
the 2007 assembly elections in UP.
The Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari had reportedly used a
helicopter, without permission, while campaigning for United
Democratic Front (UDF) candidate Sabir Ali from the Khatoli
constituency in the elections.
The chief judicial magistrate directed the district
police chief yesterday to ensure the execution of the notice
so that Bukhari appears before the court for the next hearing
on March 26, 2010.
On the EC`s directive, a case was earlier registered
against the Shahi Imam, Sabir Ali and Party election in-charge
The trio had landed a helicopter in an election meeting
at Khatauli town on April 10, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested