Court issues notice to Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has issued
notice to the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid to appear
before it in a case of alleged violation of the model code in
the 2007 assembly elections in UP.
The Imam Maulana Ahmad Bukhari had reportedly used a
helicopter, without permission, while campaigning for United
Democratic Front (UDF) candidate Sabir Ali from the Khatoli
constituency in the elections.
The chief judicial magistrate directed the district
police chief yesterday to ensure the execution of the notice
so that Bukhari appears before the court for the next hearing
on March 26, 2010.
On the EC`s directive, a case was earlier registered
against the Shahi Imam, Sabir Ali and Party election in-charge
The trio had landed a helicopter in an election meeting
at Khatauli town on April 10, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed