Court order on Gadkari`s plea today
New Delhi: A Delhi court will pronounce its order on Friday on a plea filed by BJP chief Nitin Gadkari seeking initiation of proceedings against Congress leader Digvijay Singh for alleged defamation.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar Oct 16 reserved the order for Nov 2 on the issue of summoning Digvijay Singh over the defamation complaint by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief.
Gadkari Oct 1 filed a defamation complaint against the Congress leader for dragging his name into alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks.
The BJP leader recorded his statement in court that he was "not responsible for any coal blocks allocation to anybody".
In his complaint filed through advocate Ajay Digpaul and Anil Soni, Gadkari alleged that Digvijay Singh made false, baseless, scandalous, fabricated and defamatory remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police