Court order on Gadkari`s plea today
New Delhi: A Delhi court will pronounce its order on Friday on a plea filed by BJP chief Nitin Gadkari seeking initiation of proceedings against Congress leader Digvijay Singh for alleged defamation.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar Oct 16 reserved the order for Nov 2 on the issue of summoning Digvijay Singh over the defamation complaint by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief.
Gadkari Oct 1 filed a defamation complaint against the Congress leader for dragging his name into alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks.
The BJP leader recorded his statement in court that he was "not responsible for any coal blocks allocation to anybody".
In his complaint filed through advocate Ajay Digpaul and Anil Soni, Gadkari alleged that Digvijay Singh made false, baseless, scandalous, fabricated and defamatory remarks against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!