Court orders proper treatment to HIV positive jail
New Delhi: The Tihar jail authorities have been directed by a Delhi court to provide proper medical treatment to an HIV positive prison inmate after his check-up at an appropriate hospital.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash gave the order on the plea by 34-year-old HIV positive man, arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police for his alleged role in a cheating and forgery case.
In his plea, the prison inmate had said he is HIV positive and is also suffering from Hepatitis B and requires proper medical examination and treatment. He had also annexed his blood test reports with the application.
"After considering the submissions on behalf of accused and the averment made in the application as well as photocopies of the medical treatment record filed therewith, directions are issued to concerned jail superintendent for getting accused examined from appropriate hospital and to provide proper treatment to him as may be advised by doctors concerned," the court said.
The court has also directed the jail superintendent to furnish a compliance report by October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’