Court raps cops for failure to take action on `midnight raid`
New Delhi: A city court on Thursday rapped the Delhi Police for its failure to take action on a Ugandan woman`s plea for lodging FIR against unknown persons for barging into her flat during last week`s midnight raid allegedly led by Law Minister Somnath Bharti.
The court asked the DCP, South Delhi, to explain whether his office received any such complaint in this regard or not as despite clear offence being made out in the complaint no action was taken by the police.
"Despite various allegation made in a complaint as filed before the court, and the fact that complaint was received in Police Station Malviya Nagar, no action has been taken by the SHO and it has been stated that complaint is pending inquiry.
"Before passing any further order on application.... I deem it to call for reply from DCP concerned as to whether any same complaint was received at his office and action taken, if any on the same," said Metropolitan Magistrate Chetna Singh.
The court sought DCP`s response on the issue by January 25.
The court order came on a second application on the incident-- this time by a Ugandan woman, who also sought registration of criminal cases against the persons for creating a ruckus during the raid conducted between 1 a.M. And 3 a.M. On the intervening night of January 15-16.
Earlier, police was instructed by the court to file FIR in the matter after a complaint was made January 19 by another African woman about the alleged assault.
The judge in its order also said, "I have perused the complaint on record as well as ATR (action taken report) filed by the IO (investigating officer) which has been duly forwarded by SHO. It has been stated that the complaint is pending inquiry and it is of January 16, 2014.
"Earlier, also similar complaint was filed before this court and direction was issued for registration of FIR on basis of allegation made by foreign national against some unknown person," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know