Court raps cops for failure to take action on `midnight raid`
New Delhi: A city court on Thursday rapped the Delhi Police for its failure to take action on a Ugandan woman`s plea for lodging FIR against unknown persons for barging into her flat during last week`s midnight raid allegedly led by Law Minister Somnath Bharti.
The court asked the DCP, South Delhi, to explain whether his office received any such complaint in this regard or not as despite clear offence being made out in the complaint no action was taken by the police.
"Despite various allegation made in a complaint as filed before the court, and the fact that complaint was received in Police Station Malviya Nagar, no action has been taken by the SHO and it has been stated that complaint is pending inquiry.
"Before passing any further order on application.... I deem it to call for reply from DCP concerned as to whether any same complaint was received at his office and action taken, if any on the same," said Metropolitan Magistrate Chetna Singh.
The court sought DCP`s response on the issue by January 25.
The court order came on a second application on the incident-- this time by a Ugandan woman, who also sought registration of criminal cases against the persons for creating a ruckus during the raid conducted between 1 a.M. And 3 a.M. On the intervening night of January 15-16.
Earlier, police was instructed by the court to file FIR in the matter after a complaint was made January 19 by another African woman about the alleged assault.
The judge in its order also said, "I have perused the complaint on record as well as ATR (action taken report) filed by the IO (investigating officer) which has been duly forwarded by SHO. It has been stated that the complaint is pending inquiry and it is of January 16, 2014.
"Earlier, also similar complaint was filed before this court and direction was issued for registration of FIR on basis of allegation made by foreign national against some unknown person," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir