Court raps Delhi Police for not maintaining probe record
New Delhi: Delhi Police`s Special Cell on Thursday
came in for criticism from a court here which granted bail to
a man in arms recovery case and directed a senior official to
conduct probe after finding irregularities in internal
progress report in the investigation.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav noted that the
Investigating Officer had failed to maintain the case diary
(internal progress report of investigation) properly and
granted bail to Mohd Hassan arrested on January 7 in a case
relating to illegal arm recovery from him.
The court also pulled up the Investigating Officer for
allegedly violating the rules.
"Considering the state of affairs, the false implication
of the accused in the matter cannot be ruled out, prima facie.
The accused is, therefore, entitled for bail," the court said.
It noted the police did not follow the proper procedure
in maintaining the records with regard to progress of the
"I have perused the case diaries. The case diaries are
not as per the circulars issued by worthy Commissioner of
Police, whereby a separate register with serial numbers is to
be maintained thereby leaving no doubt in the mind of anybody
that the investigation was not done the way it should have
been done," the court said.
The court said the case diary that was to be maintained
on January 7, appeared to have been written on January 13 and
that too has not been signed by the investigating officer.
Granting bail to Hassan on a personal and surety bond of
Rs 5,000 each, the court directed DCP Special Cell to conduct
an inquiry into the matter and submit a report to it on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan