Court rejects plea of fugitive Polish man wanted in Germany
New Delhi: A Delhi court has dismissed the
plea of a Polish national, whose extradition is being sought
by Germany for his alleged complicity in a murder case there,
that he be supplied more documents by the authorities of the
"This court is not holding any trial of the fugitive
criminal to decide his guilt or innocence hence it appears to
be rightly submitted by special prosecutor Naveen K Matta that
legal provisions seeking additional documents from Germany
were not applicable," Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Ajay Pandey said.
Adam Piotr Mancie, 43 who hails from Poland, is accused
of gunning down Friedhelm Sodenkamp on November 3, 2008, at
Berlin Mitte city centre.
The Polish, who was given 25,000 Euros by a co-accused
for committing the offence, killed the victim when he was
taking his dog out for a walk, the arrest warrant of a
German court said.
Adam, who is in judicial custody in India following his
detention, had filed an application seeking additional
documents from German authorities saying they were crucial for
proving his innocence.
The court allowed the plea of Ministry of External
Affairs (MEA), which is pursuing the extradition inquiry at
the request of Germany, that as per the terms of extradition
agreement, an Indian court is not empowered to scrutinise the
"An Indian court has a limited scope of inquiry. It has
to ascertain whether the warrant for apprehension of the
fugitive criminal is duly authenticated and the offence for
which the fugitive is an accused is an extraditable offence,"
The court agreed with the submissions saying the CrPC
provisions and others laws have no role in this demand of the
fugitive and his plea is dismissed.
The MEA, in its extradition plea, had annexed the arrest
warrant issued on December 10, 2008, by Ziegler, a local
court judge of Tiergarten in Berlin.
It was said that the offence was covered under section
211 (murder) of the German Criminal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in