Court seeks ATR on corruption complaint against Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: A magisterial court on Friday asked the police to apprise it of the action taken by it on a complaint against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely for alleged corruption in grant of fitness certificate to commercial vehicles.
Metropolitan Magistrate Neeraj Gaur asked the Anti- Corruption Branch to file an action-taken-report by July 4, detailing the steps it has taken on the complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg.
"Action-taken-report be called from PS anti-corruption. Put up for consideration on July 4," the court said.
Besides Dikshit and Lovely, the complaint also named former Transport Commissioner R K Verma and a company which was granted contract for lane tests of commercial vehicles, M/s ESP India.
Garg, through his counsel Vivek Gupta, told the court that the Delhi government gave away the contract for lane test of commercial vehicles for fitness certificate to a private firm without inviting any tender.
"Due to corrupt and malafide intentions of the said ministers (Dikshit and Lovely), officer (RK Verma) and company (ESP India), no tender bid was called and the contract was given in contravention of the law," Garg said in his complaint.
The complainant said, "I&C lane test is annually done of all commercial vehicles registered in Delhi. Vehicles which clear this test are given fitness certificates. Earlier the whole process was being done by the Transport Department but now the lane test is done by the said private company for Rs 400 per vehicle, which is not shared with the government.
"After the vehicle clears this test, Transport Department issues a fitness certificate for which a separate fees of Rs 100 is charged from each commercial vehicle."
The complainant told the court that despite the premises being used for the lane test by the company belonging to the Transport Department and the entire payment for machines and other infrastructure being made by the government, the revenue generated by the private firm is not shared with the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what