Court seeks ATR on Ramdev`s anti-MP remarks
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday asked the city police to apprise it of the action taken by it on a complaint against Yoga Guru Ramdev for his controversial remarks against parliamentarians.
Metropolitan Magistrate Purshotam Pathak sought the action-taken-report (ATR) of police by June 22 on a complaint by a law student, Vibhor Anand.
The complainant moved the court seeking direction to the police to register an FIR against Ramdev on charges of sedition.
He said Ramdev had made general allegations against parliamentarians who "are running the system of the country" and it amounts to sedition.
The Yoga guru had attacked MPs calling them "dacoits and murderers".
Addressing media, while launching his month-long yatra in Chhattisgarh`s Durg, Ramdev had said, "They are those people who don`t care, don`t love the farmers, the labourers or the people of this country."
He had said there are good people among parliamentarians and he respected them. "But there are dacoits, murderers, illiterates among them. We have to save Parliament. We have to remove corrupt people," Ramdev had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015