Court seeks report on complaint against `Anna SMS cards`
New Delhi: A court Thursday directed the city police to file an action taken report on a plea seeking registration of FIR against Anna Hazare and former Team Anna members for allegedly cheating over four crore people by selling them `Anna SMS cards`.
Metropolitan Magistrate Akash Jain directed the Parliament Street station house officer to look into the criminal complaint filed by Rumal Singh and file a report by Nov 30, on allegations that the `Anna SMS cards` service, which netted the team Rs.100 crore, was discontinued before the promised one year time.
Rumal Singh said that he was part of the India Against Coruption (IAC) movement headed by Hazare and others.
Hazare, as well as Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi, Kumar Viswas, Sanjay Singh, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai, who were the core members of the IAC and later fragmented and formed their own political party - Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), defrauded more than four crore people allegedly in collusion with the private companies, he said in his complaint.
Advocate Saliender Pratap Singh, appearing for the complainant, said that the SMS card launched in February 2012, ensured the people to provide information about the Hazare-led campaign`s activities for a year.
The SMS service, however, was discontinued without any convincing reasons from the members of the group.
The price of each SMS card, which was valid for a year was of Rs 20 but was sold to the general public and volunteers of the movement at Rs 25, the complaint said.
It further submitted that "after start of Anna SMS cards facility in the last week of February 2012, the service was abruptly terminated within a month... where in the original Anna SMS card facility was valid for a period of one year from the date of purchase."
"The IAC members faced with fund crunch decided to rake up crores of money by selling these Anna SMS cards," the complainant alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon