Court sends telegraph officer to jail in DA case
Patna: A designated CBI court today sent a senior telegraph officer to five years in jail in a Disproportionate Asset (DA) case.
CBI court Judge B K Srivastava also imposed a penalty of Rs 4 lakh on senior telegraph master, Ram Badan Singh.
The investigating agency had filed the DA case against Singh on February 2, 2004, and a charge sheet on November 30, 2004.
The accused was facing charge during his posting in 2004 in Biharsharif, district headquarters of Nalanda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’