Court sends telegraph officer to jail in DA case
Patna: A designated CBI court today sent a senior telegraph officer to five years in jail in a Disproportionate Asset (DA) case.
CBI court Judge B K Srivastava also imposed a penalty of Rs 4 lakh on senior telegraph master, Ram Badan Singh.
The investigating agency had filed the DA case against Singh on February 2, 2004, and a charge sheet on November 30, 2004.
The accused was facing charge during his posting in 2004 in Biharsharif, district headquarters of Nalanda district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata