Court summons jail official on inmate`s plea again
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday asked Tihar Jail superintendent to appear before it personally to respond to a woman prisoner`s allegation that the jail warden has been torturing her with the help of HIV positive women inmates for extorting money from her.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav directed the superintendent of jail number 6 (where woman undertrials are lodged) to be present in the court on April 25.
The court`s order came on the application of Jail 6 inmate Honey Sharma, facing trial in 11 cases of cheating and forgery. In her plea to the court, she had complained that she was being tortured by the head matron and the matron with the help of HIV positive inmates and expressed apprehension that she might contract AIDS herself.
Meanwhile, an inquiry report was today filed in the court by the jail superintendent, who refuted Sharma`s allegations.
The report said Sharma had a minor argument with the HIV positive inmates over some eatable which took a serious turn and she was taken to the hospital as soon as she complained of being given scratches by the HIV positive inmates.
Lodged in jail for over three months now, Sharma, in her had alleged that the wardens "beat her up badly and got the AIDS patient to scratch her with their nails."
She alleged she was beaten up for an hour before the deputy superintendent and the jail staff who remained mute spectators to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah