Court summons jail official on inmate`s plea again
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday asked Tihar Jail superintendent to appear before it personally to respond to a woman prisoner`s allegation that the jail warden has been torturing her with the help of HIV positive women inmates for extorting money from her.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav directed the superintendent of jail number 6 (where woman undertrials are lodged) to be present in the court on April 25.
The court`s order came on the application of Jail 6 inmate Honey Sharma, facing trial in 11 cases of cheating and forgery. In her plea to the court, she had complained that she was being tortured by the head matron and the matron with the help of HIV positive inmates and expressed apprehension that she might contract AIDS herself.
Meanwhile, an inquiry report was today filed in the court by the jail superintendent, who refuted Sharma`s allegations.
The report said Sharma had a minor argument with the HIV positive inmates over some eatable which took a serious turn and she was taken to the hospital as soon as she complained of being given scratches by the HIV positive inmates.
Lodged in jail for over three months now, Sharma, in her had alleged that the wardens "beat her up badly and got the AIDS patient to scratch her with their nails."
She alleged she was beaten up for an hour before the deputy superintendent and the jail staff who remained mute spectators to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy