Court takes cognisance of charge sheet against BSP MP
New Delhi: A court here on Tuesday took cognisance of the charge sheet filed against Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife in connection with a case relating to the death of their maid following alleged torture by them.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha, while taking cognisance of the charge sheet, transferred the matter to a sessions court here for hearing on Feb 10.
Dhananjay Singh, a sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh`s Jaunpur, was charge-sheeted for various offences under the Indian Penal Code, including allegedly destroying evidence and abetting the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
Police had Feb 1 charge-sheeted Singh and his wife Jagriti Singh for various offences.
Dhananjay Singh and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at a government hospital here, were arrested in November 2013 and are in judicial custody.
Jagriti Singh was charged under various section of the IPC, including for murder, attempt to murder, wrongfully confinement and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation
- Court orders Vijay Mallya to appear on July 29
- Woman harassed, beaten up in UP