Court takes cognisance of charge sheet against BSP MP
New Delhi: A court here on Tuesday took cognisance of the charge sheet filed against Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife in connection with a case relating to the death of their maid following alleged torture by them.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha, while taking cognisance of the charge sheet, transferred the matter to a sessions court here for hearing on Feb 10.
Dhananjay Singh, a sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh`s Jaunpur, was charge-sheeted for various offences under the Indian Penal Code, including allegedly destroying evidence and abetting the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
Police had Feb 1 charge-sheeted Singh and his wife Jagriti Singh for various offences.
Dhananjay Singh and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at a government hospital here, were arrested in November 2013 and are in judicial custody.
Jagriti Singh was charged under various section of the IPC, including for murder, attempt to murder, wrongfully confinement and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security