Court takes cognisance of charge sheet against BSP MP
New Delhi: A court here on Tuesday took cognisance of the charge sheet filed against Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife in connection with a case relating to the death of their maid following alleged torture by them.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha, while taking cognisance of the charge sheet, transferred the matter to a sessions court here for hearing on Feb 10.
Dhananjay Singh, a sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh`s Jaunpur, was charge-sheeted for various offences under the Indian Penal Code, including allegedly destroying evidence and abetting the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
Police had Feb 1 charge-sheeted Singh and his wife Jagriti Singh for various offences.
Dhananjay Singh and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at a government hospital here, were arrested in November 2013 and are in judicial custody.
Jagriti Singh was charged under various section of the IPC, including for murder, attempt to murder, wrongfully confinement and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees