Court takes cognisance of charge sheet against BSP MP
New Delhi: A court here on Tuesday took cognisance of the charge sheet filed against Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife in connection with a case relating to the death of their maid following alleged torture by them.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha, while taking cognisance of the charge sheet, transferred the matter to a sessions court here for hearing on Feb 10.
Dhananjay Singh, a sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh`s Jaunpur, was charge-sheeted for various offences under the Indian Penal Code, including allegedly destroying evidence and abetting the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
Police had Feb 1 charge-sheeted Singh and his wife Jagriti Singh for various offences.
Dhananjay Singh and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon at a government hospital here, were arrested in November 2013 and are in judicial custody.
Jagriti Singh was charged under various section of the IPC, including for murder, attempt to murder, wrongfully confinement and destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH